Pet Photography

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Capturing the essence of my dogs in photos has always been a fascination of mine. I have a clear picture in my head of how the shot should look like, but unfortunately, I do not have the equipment and four hands to hold the dog while clicking the camera. So I did the next best thing and requested a friend to help me in this endeavor.

I asked my friend Dino Ordonez to use some of my dogs as model subjects with the request that the following shots be made: side view profile of the dog showing the body proportions and stance, close-up face shots, and candid photos exhibiting the individual antics and quirkiness of my dogs. And so I waked up early Saturday morning for this photo shoot. The shoot started off well with nice photos of my sheltie Sofia under the after rain, sunless but clear morning sky. And then it drizzled. It took the quickness and inventiveness of my friend Dino to capture on memory card five other dogs within the erratic moments that the sun pierces through the clouds and rain.

Despite the uncooperative, challenging weather and the short time period, we were able to get some nice pictures. Obviously, the new pictures where a lot better in quality and composition to the stolen shots I took of my dogs. I particularly like the face of Bart in the profile photo. The fire in the eyes and the naughty but nice facial expression I love so much about this Philippine champion was captured splendidly in the photo. I also like the the profile and head shot of my Sheltie Sofia, particularly the lighting, the play of colors and the whimsy of the white flowers in the background.

So Dino, the job has begun. I have other dogs awaiting better photographs, and I want more shots of the first batch of dogs. I know you will hate me for this, but I give credit where it is due. My friend's multiply site is dinotante.multiply.com. Hey, my dogs deserve space in your multiply site. Update it man.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP